Life Care Plans (Future Care Cost Assessments)
- Outlines a plan of care utilizing a consistent and scientific approach that will assist with determining the medical and non-medical needs of a person with a catastrophic injury or illness and projecting the costs and frequency of the recommended goods and services over his/her lifetime.
- Tailored to the client’s unique current and anticipated needs throughout his/her life expectancy.
- Provides a road map to assist clients and their families to obtain needed goods and services in order to maximize the client’s independence and functioning and prevent complications
- Collaborative process involving all members of the client’s health care team
- Balanced and impartial document supported by Medical Specialists whenever possible
- Completed when the individual has reached maximum medical recovery and when all appropriate medical and therapeutic assessments have been completed.